DavidShield won the prestigious Expatriate Management and Mobility Award (EMMA), recognizing best practice and outstanding contribution in global mobility, at the FEM APAC Summit held at the Orchard Hotel in Singapore on September 8, 2016.
DavidShield, a privately-held Managing General Underwriter and Administrator (MGU/MGA) and a leader in expatriate health insurance, announced today that its DavidShield App – the only health insurance application to authorize prepaid medical expenses and within a minute – won the award for "Most Innovative Use of Technology in Global Mobility" at the FEM APAC 2016 Summit.
The DavidShield App, used in conjunction with the DavidCard, a personal magnetic card linked to a Visa or MasterCard infrastructure, provides members with a unique platform for obtaining a wide range of medical services, including receiving prepaid funds for medical needs. The technology eliminates the need for PPO/network arrangements, claims for reimbursements, multiple receipts and all the other inconveniences associated with current global health care delivery systems. It is a cashless and borderless solution used for accessing medical services in over 95 countries worldwide.
The revolutionary app also utilizes Big-Data and analytics tools to produce a ranking based search engine, providing members with access to a social review and rating system of medical providers across the globe. The system's analytic tools also allow for advanced detection of claim fraud.
"We are honoured to receive the EMMA award. The acknowledgement validates our concept of delivering hassle-free healthcare through innovative technology solutions," said Ilan Gat, CEO of DavidShield. "With the DavidShield App, our members receive prepaid medical funds within one minute and are given full autonomy in making informed decisions about their healthcare. The app's integration of a social rating system sets precedent in our field by providing members with real-time knowledge to assist in their selection of a medical provider."
The DavidShield app is available on iOS and Android devices:
Learn about DavidShield's app in 30 seconds: http://www.davidshield-intl.com/content/DavidShield_App.aspx
- Passportcard's Innovative ASO Solution For Large Customers
- PassportCard Wins ITIJ Award For Best Specialist Service Provider of the Year
- Healix Win ‘Employee Benefits And Services Provider Of The Year Award’ At APAC Expatriate Management And Mobility Awards (EMMAs)
- Allianz Worldwide Care Scoops Most Professional Insurance Supplier Award
- Travel Oracle App Mobilizes And Simplifies Business Traveller Safety
- Aviva Launches MyAviva App
- InterGlobal Wins Two Major Counter-Fraud Awards
- MSH INTERNATIONAL Acclaimed “Service Provider Of The Year 2013” At The Asia Insurance Industry Awards
- CEGA Wins 2013 ITIJ 'Assistance / Claims Handler of the Year' Award
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments