The AA enters the health insurance market with the launch of AA Health, in partnership with nib, offering a suite of insurance products designed to provide additional layers of protection for Members and the public alike.
AA’s Membership and Brand General Manager Dougal Swift says AA Health is a natural fit for the Association.
“We’ve broadened our range of services significantly over recent years as we look for new areas where we can offer value for our Members and the public. We’ve offered home, car and contents insurance for many years as well as life insurance products and travel insurance and these have proved very popular,” Mr Swift says.
The initiative complements the existing offerings from AA Insurance and AA Life, both holders of the Reader’s Digest most trusted brand award in their categories for four years. AA Insurance also holds Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customer Awards for both home and contents and car insurance categories. The AA also offers AA Travel Insurance.
“The free eye exam for AA Members at Specsavers has also been very successful so it made sense to expand our insurance offering into health where we can give customers the high level of care they expect from the AA,” Mr Swift says.
Since the launch of the Specsavers benefit in 2012, more than 450,000 free eye checks have been provided to AA Members, who are eligible for one every two years.
“We’re in the business of helping people and we want to be there when we’re needed the most. That’s been the core function of the AA for more than 113 years and AA Health is an extension of that thinking.”
The AA has partnered with nib to deliver three core products that provide customers with the ability to select a cover that suits their lifestyle and budget:
- AA Health Everyday Cover
- AA Health Private Hospital Cover
- AA Health Private Hospital and Specialist Cover
Mr Swift says he expects one popular option will be private hospital cover. It comes with a range of excess options – up to $10,000 – which enables lower premiums while offering insurance against expensive procedures.
“It’s a good option for those who want the cover for major procedures but may find the cost of private health insurance prohibitive.”
nib New Zealand Chief Executive Officer Rob Hennin says the health fund is excited to join forces with one of New Zealand’s most trusted organisations to offer Kiwis private health insurance under the well-known AA brand.
“This relationship with an iconic Kiwi brand is an example of how we are bringing new thinking to the New Zealand private health insurance market in an effort to grow the industry,” Mr Hennin said.
As an added benefit, AA Members will receive a 5% discount on the cost of any AA Health product.
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
- UK Advisers Fear Economic Uncertainty And Market Volatility As BREXIT Looms - But Income Is Up As Firms Plan Expansion
- Humana Reports 3RD Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Medical Treatment Costs In Asia September 2016
- Peer To Peer Insurance
- No Part Of The Insurance Value Chain Is Safe From Change
- Peer To Peer Mutual Platform Targets Health Insurance
- The Health Insurance Group Revenue Up By 5%
- Healix Appointed By Zurich As New Integrated Medical & Security Assistance Partner
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Half Of Travellers Aged 18-24 Would Risk Travelling Without Insurance
- Senior Promotions As Now Health International Progresses Global Growth Strategy
- 17.6 Million Would Struggle To Recover From A Financial Shock Or Loss Of Income
- 3 Reasons Travel Insurance Isn't Just For International Trips