Global Insurance News: A.M. Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating of A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) of “a-” of Colina Insurance Limited (Colina).
Concurrently, A.M. Best has affirmed the Long-Term ICR of “bbb-” of Colina Holdings Bahamas Limited (CHBL) [BISX:CHL]. Both companies are domiciled in Nassau, Bahamas. Colina is a wholly owned subsidiary of its publicly traded parent, CHBL, which in turn is majority owned by AF Holdings Ltd. (AFH). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable.
The rating affirmations for Colina reflect the company’s leading position in the life/health market in the Bahamas, its strong risk-adjusted capitalization and favorable operating results. Partially offsetting these strengths are delinquencies in the company’s mortgage loan portfolio and a narrow geographic profile in the Bahamas.
Colina enjoys a leading market share in the region in its selected segments and its risk-adjusted capitalization is appropriate relative to its investment and insurance risks. A.M. Best expects a continuation of a normalized level of profitability based on recent performance measures including favorable return metrics. However, given the mature nature of the market, Colina’s top line growth has been fairly flat in recent years.
Economic headwinds within the Bahamas’ economy and potential mortgage loan delinquencies continue to pose rating concerns for the company in the near to intermediate term. While A.M. Best remains concerned over mortgage loan exposures and delinquencies relative to total stockholders’ equity, A.M. Best notes that over the past several years the company has decreased its exposure to such asset classes in the aggregate and as a percentage of total invested assets.
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- Bancassurance Groups Accounted For Over 8% Of The Value Of The Global Insurance Market In 2019
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Allianz SE And Rated Subsidiaries
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- AXA – Global Healthcare Appoints Gordon Delaney As Regional Head Of Europe
- U.S. Insurance Industry’s Structured Securities Holdings Top $1 Trillion
- TAS Acquires Ukrainian Life Insurance Business From Aegon
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Ian Youngman About International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI)
- Munich Re Posts Profit Of €3.1bn For 2015 And Raises Dividend To €8.25
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments