The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has revealed the details of its unprecedented initiative, the Dubai Cancer Treatment Initiative known as (BASMAH), which is a noble and humanitarian initiative to cover the cost of three types of cancer under the basic benefit package of the Dubai Mandatory Health Insurance Scheme.
Dr Haidar Al Yousuf, Director of Health Funding, said, “This is a milestone in terms of health insurance coverage and we have redefined health insurance through this initiative. Prior to this scheme, cancer coverage under the mandatory health insurance scheme as part of the basic benefit plan was limited. Now, that is no longer the case. Under the scheme, those detected with breast, colorectal or cervical cancer will receive coverage from screening until treatment.
“Screening is as per criteria which includes several factors such as age of the person etc. The early screening target we have under this initiative is approximately 2.4 million people. If a patient is detected with any of the three cancers during this screening, the DHA Patient Tracking and Follow-Up Centre is automatically notified. They then ensure that the complete treatment process for the patient is smooth and streamlined.”
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Allianz Suisse To Acquire DAS Switzerland
- Allianz Invests $59 Million In Strategic Partnership With American Well® To Address Global Health Challenges
- Aetna International Enters Agreement With Aviva UK For International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI)
- Aviva Withdraws From IPMI Market
- AXIS Insurance Promotes Nicole Lim To Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer, Singapore