Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI), a global health services company, has opened its new Global Individual Private Medical Insurance, (Global IPMI) Global Sales Centre at the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) to support significant growth in its expatriate individual health care business.
The Global IPMI business line, which serves expatriates and globally mobile individuals around the world, is one of Cigna’s fastest growing segments. The new Global Sales Centre will bring together broker sales and support teams as well as direct telemarketing, underwriting and retention teams serving brokers and customers all over the world. Many colleagues have relocated to Dubai from Cigna’s global head office for the Global IPMI business line in Glasgow, Scotland.
Cigna previously announced the opening of a regional management office at DIFC to offer management support for its locally regulated offices in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Ryan O’Donovan, Managing Director of Cigna’s Global IPMI business unit said, “We are delighted to expand our global individual private medical insurance capabilities with the opening of our new Global Sales Centre. Delivering a five-star customer experience is at the core of our promise to the people we serve, and this starts when they first get in touch with us to explore their health care options. Our colleagues in Dubai will expertly guide our global customers to find the IPMI plan most suitable for their needs as well as providing expert support to our global broker partners 24 hours a day, five days a week.”
He added, “Dubai’s strategic location as a global financial and commercial hub offers customers around the world a valuable opportunity to benefit from our best-in-class health insurance solutions. Based on our positive experience working with DIFC Authority, we look forward to leveraging DIFC’s unmatched business environment to grow our global individual private medical health insurance business and improve health outcomes for our customers.”
Cigna has operated in the MENA region for over 15 years through local partners. In 2017, Cigna entered in to a reinsurance agreement with Zurich Insurance Middle East (ZIME), where Zurich is the local insurer and Cigna is the reinsurer and international service provider. This new service model enables Cigna to own the end-to-end customer experience and offer market-compliant insurance solutions across the region.
Across the MENA region, Cigna serves over 130,000 customers and enjoys 800 employer relationships. Cigna maintains global sales capabilities in 30 countries and jurisdictions, employing over 41,000 people that service more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, visit https://www.cigna.com/
Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- IPMI, Assistance, Air Ambulance, Cost Containment And Claims Management, Funeral Directors, Ground Ambulance, Healthcare Insurance Management, Pharmacy Benefits Management
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2018
- SAVE 33% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- William Russell Ltd Appoints Over Twenty Years’ Of IPMI Experience
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- The Carlyle Group To Become Majority Investor In Sedgwick In $6.7 Billion Transaction
- Aetna International's Virtual Health Solution Recognised At WSB Awards
- Cigna Commits To Global Mobile Employee Health With Launch Of Integrated Wellbeing App
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Philippe Gervais President Of Travel Insurance
- Over Half Of Expats View Healthcare As Most Important Consideration When Relocating