AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A+ (Superior) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) of “aa” of Allianz SE (Allianz) (Germany) and its rated subsidiaries (see below for the list of the companies). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable.
The ratings reflect Allianz’s balance sheet strength, which AM Best categorises as strongest, as well as its strong operating performance, very favourable business profile and very strong enterprise risk management.
Allianz is one of the world’s largest insurance groups, with superior diversification by geography and business line, and leading positions in many developed and emerging markets, offering a complete range of life and non-life insurance products, as well as asset management services. Its competitive position is supported by its scale, strong management capabilities, dynamic strategy and strong brand.
AM Best expects Allianz’s consolidated risk-adjusted capitalisation, as measured by Best’s Capital Adequacy Ratio (BCAR), to be maintained at the strongest level, underpinned by a prudent capital management approach. Financial leverage and coverage ratios are supportive of the balance sheet strength assessment and financial flexibility is considered excellent due to the group’s good access to capital markets.
Allianz has a track record of strong and stable operating performance, supported by its diversified earnings profile. The group has produced a five-year weighted average return on equity of 10.9% (2015-2019), as calculated by AM Best. The group’s property/casualty segment has demonstrated consistently strong performance, reporting a five-year average combined ratio of 94.7%, supported by strong group-wide pricing capabilities. The operating profit in Allianz’s life/health segment has demonstrated a five-year compound annual growth of 7%, reaching EUR 4.8 billion in 2019 despite a challenging low interest rate environment. The group’s profitable and scalable asset management business continues to provide a good additional source of income (23% of the group’s operating profit in 2019).
The FSR of A+ (Superior) and the Long-Term ICR of “aa” have been affirmed with stable outlooks for the following subsidiaries of Allianz SE:
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty Resseguros Brasil S.A.
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE
- Allianz S.p.A
- Allianz Risk Transfer AG
- Allianz Risk Transfer (Bermuda) Limited
- AWP P&C S.A.
- Jefferson Insurance Company
- AWP Health & Life S.A.
- Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company
- Allianz Underwriters Insurance Company
- AGCS Marine Insurance Company
- American Automobile Insurance Company
- Euler Hermes North America Insurance Company
- National Surety Corporation
- The American Insurance Company
- Associated Indemnity Corporation
- Chicago Insurance Company
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
- Fireman’s Fund Indemnity Corporation
- Interstate Fire & Casualty Company
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York
- Allianz México, S.A., Compañía de Seguros (NSR of “aaa” has been affirmed with a stable outlook)
The following Long-Term IRs have been affirmed with stable outlooks:
Allianz Finance II B.V. (debt issues are guaranteed by Allianz SE)—
-- “aa-” on EUR 2 billion 5.75% subordinated bonds, due 2041
-- “a+” on EUR 800 million 5.375% perpetual subordinated bonds
-- “aa” on EUR 750 million 3% senior unsecured bonds, due 2028
-- “aa” on GBP 750 million 4.5% senior unsecured bonds, due 2043
-- “aa” on EUR 1.5 billion 3.5% senior unsecured bonds, due 2022
-- “a+” on EUR 1.5 billion 4.75% perpetual subordinated bonds
-- “a+” on USD 1 billion 5.5% perpetual subordinated bonds
-- “aa-” on EUR 1.5 billion 5.625% subordinated bonds, due 2042
-- “a+” on EUR 1.5 billion 3.375% perpetual junior subordinated bonds
- Bancassurance Groups Accounted For Over 8% Of The Value Of The Global Insurance Market In 2019
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Allianz SE And Rated Subsidiaries
- AXA – Global Healthcare Appoints Gordon Delaney As Regional Head Of Europe
- U.S. Insurance Industry’s Structured Securities Holdings Top $1 Trillion
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Colina Insurance Limited and Colina Holdings Bahamas Limited
- TAS Acquires Ukrainian Life Insurance Business From Aegon
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Ian Youngman About International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI)
- Munich Re Posts Profit Of €3.1bn For 2015 And Raises Dividend To €8.25
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Think Insurtech And INSquary Forge Partnership
- PwC UK Predicts Global Insurance Run-Off Liabilities To Reach $864bn
- Report investigates How COVID-19 Has Affected Global Housing Market Trends For Expatriates
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New Underwriting Agency, Tigon Cover Services Limited
- FBNInsurance Partners With Collinson To Launch International Health Insurance Plan