The Travel Risk and Incident Prevention Group (TRIP) are honoured to have been announced as finalists for the prestigious ITIJ Awards in the Industry Supplier of the Year category.
It's been the most challenging year in the history of the travel industry, yet amid the chaos, the Travel Risk & Incident Prevention (TRIP) Group has provided a beacon of light for those struggling to keep their people travelling. Since lockdown measures were introduced the TRIP Group has been at the forefront of finding solutions for safe travel.
Sarah Watson, editor of ITIJ said in a statement, "This year has been challenging in ways that none of us could have foreseen, and each finalist has certainly gone above and beyond in their dedication to excellence within the industry."
The TRIP Group has over 500 organisations listed as members and those members have been quick to respond to last week's announcement. Simon Harris who is Executive Director, Security, Safety & Sustainability at Sony Pictures Entertainment said, "This is a well deserved recognition. Of all the associations, groups and industry collectives I belong to, the TRIP Group provide the most diverse, interesting and topical points for discussions and presentations. There is an impressive and expanding range of members from both within and outside my own industry which consistently adds value to me and my own organisation."
Since the start of the year the TRIP Group has delivered training, consultation and workshops on subjects such as pandemic planning, leading through crisis, managing remote teams, as well as a masterclass on travel risk management. Managing Director, Christine Shacklady explains, "We have assessed the current environment, listened to our members and delivered what they need to keep their businesses working."
This is certainly backed up by those affected by the pandemic. Danni Parks is Director of the Whitely Fund for Nature, who have HRH Princess Ann as their patron and Sir David Attenborough as an ardent supporter said, "This is well deserved recognition of the TRIP Group and a reflection of an excellent team working hard to keep travellers safe during very challenging times. WFN are proud to be members of the TRIP Group, who are always helping keep our staff safe when they travel."
Christine Shacklady goes on to explain, "We have an extensive network of subject matter experts within our community and this allows us to find solutions to just about any challenge. Through our partnerships we have been able to provide discounted rates on Covid-19 tests and fit to fly certificates as well a Covid-19 tracking map."
Government departments are also recognising the value the TRIP Group has brought to the travel risk management arena. Lynne Main, Head of Safety, Health & Wellbeing at Defra said on hearing the announcement, "No matter how complex the challenge, it's comforting to know that via the TRIP Group we always have access to genuine and credible travel risk management expertise."
Summarising the achievement, Lloyd Figgins, CEO & Chairman of the TRIP Group said, "The announcement that we are finalists in the ITIJ Awards is tremendous news for our incredibly hardworking team and also testament to the value of our travel risk management community, we are absolutely delighted."
- Introducing MediHelp International
- MediHelp International
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory April 2021
- World's First Multiple Patient Covid-19 Intensive Care Evacuation
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory March 2021
- Think Insurtech And INSquary Forge Partnership
- FBNInsurance Partners With Collinson To Launch International Health Insurance Plan
- Health Passports Are Already Here!
- Pacific Prime Acquires CXA Group's Brokerages
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory February 2021
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- HSBC Life Appoints Ying Teoh As Global Head Of Customer Proposition
- Introducing MediHelp International
- Pacific Prime Named Cigna Middle East's "Individual Broker of the Year" And "Innovative Broker of the Year" In 2020
- International Health Insurance 2020: The Definitive iPMI Market Report Is Now Available At A Reduced Price
- Singapore Sees A Drop In Rental Costs For Expatriates Due To The Effects Of Covid-19