The Travel Risk and Incident Prevention Group (TRIP) are honoured to have been announced as finalists for the prestigious ITIJ Awards in the Industry Supplier of the Year category.
It's been the most challenging year in the history of the travel industry, yet amid the chaos, the Travel Risk & Incident Prevention (TRIP) Group has provided a beacon of light for those struggling to keep their people travelling. Since lockdown measures were introduced the TRIP Group has been at the forefront of finding solutions for safe travel.
Sarah Watson, editor of ITIJ said in a statement, "This year has been challenging in ways that none of us could have foreseen, and each finalist has certainly gone above and beyond in their dedication to excellence within the industry."
The TRIP Group has over 500 organisations listed as members and those members have been quick to respond to last week's announcement. Simon Harris who is Executive Director, Security, Safety & Sustainability at Sony Pictures Entertainment said, "This is a well deserved recognition. Of all the associations, groups and industry collectives I belong to, the TRIP Group provide the most diverse, interesting and topical points for discussions and presentations. There is an impressive and expanding range of members from both within and outside my own industry which consistently adds value to me and my own organisation."
Since the start of the year the TRIP Group has delivered training, consultation and workshops on subjects such as pandemic planning, leading through crisis, managing remote teams, as well as a masterclass on travel risk management. Managing Director, Christine Shacklady explains, "We have assessed the current environment, listened to our members and delivered what they need to keep their businesses working."
This is certainly backed up by those affected by the pandemic. Danni Parks is Director of the Whitely Fund for Nature, who have HRH Princess Ann as their patron and Sir David Attenborough as an ardent supporter said, "This is well deserved recognition of the TRIP Group and a reflection of an excellent team working hard to keep travellers safe during very challenging times. WFN are proud to be members of the TRIP Group, who are always helping keep our staff safe when they travel."
Christine Shacklady goes on to explain, "We have an extensive network of subject matter experts within our community and this allows us to find solutions to just about any challenge. Through our partnerships we have been able to provide discounted rates on Covid-19 tests and fit to fly certificates as well a Covid-19 tracking map."
Government departments are also recognising the value the TRIP Group has brought to the travel risk management arena. Lynne Main, Head of Safety, Health & Wellbeing at Defra said on hearing the announcement, "No matter how complex the challenge, it's comforting to know that via the TRIP Group we always have access to genuine and credible travel risk management expertise."
Summarising the achievement, Lloyd Figgins, CEO & Chairman of the TRIP Group said, "The announcement that we are finalists in the ITIJ Awards is tremendous news for our incredibly hardworking team and also testament to the value of our travel risk management community, we are absolutely delighted."
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2021
- Global Excel Achieves SOC 1 & 2 Type I Certification
- Anacap Makes Growth Investment In Leading German Insurance Broker MRH Trowe
- Most Read International Private Medical Insurance (iPMI) Magazine Articles And Case Studies 2020
- Most Read International Private Medical Insurance (iPMI) Magazine Executive Interviews 2020
- How Can Expats Manage A Lonely Christmas?
- Aetna International Announces Product Upgrades And Updates To COVID-19 Coverage
- Uncertainty About The Future And Finances Leading Causes Of Stress, Cigna Study Reveals
- APRIL International Care Announces Enhancements To MyHEALTH Hong Kong Private International Health Insurance Policy Range
- Voyager Insurance Present New Online Platform For Selling VoyagerProtect
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- 1st Use Of A Digital Covid-19 Health Certificate To Cross An International Border Completed By Traveller To Singapore
- AXA Deploys Its Smart Working Strategy Worldwide
- Covid Will Intensify Burnout Unless Employers Intervene
- ADR And Alitalia Begin Digitalising Negativity Certificates With ICC AOKpass
- Passenger Demand Recovery Grinds to a Halt in November