The number of people buying private health insurance for the first time has doubled since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to leading UK protection comparison site ActiveQuote.
Sales of Private Medical Insurance (PMI) to first-time customers were up on average by 100% across November, December and January this year, compared to the amount coming through at the beginning of the pandemic across March, April, and May 2020.
This newfound consumer interest in PMI shows no signs of slowing in 2021 either, with private healthcare sales to first-time buyers up 32% between December and January alone.
Rod Jones, Head of Partnerships at ActiveQuote, said, “We know the tide has been turning for a while when it comes to private healthcare and, with figures like these, it certainly feels like the public has woken up to the benefits of PMI.
“There can be no denying that attitudes towards private healthcare have changed significantly since Covid-19 arrived in the UK, and the statistics continue to show us that consumers are more committed than ever to making sure their needs are taken care of come what may.”
“What’s also encouraging, from an industry and consumer perspective, is that significant rises in the number of first-time buyers investing in private healthcare means more are realising not only the true value of having these policies in place, but just how affordable and accessible a lot of them are too,” Rod added.
“This is a positive development not only when it comes to future markets, therefore, but for customers too, who can expect PMI to be an increasingly affordable option available to ever greater numbers as a direct consequence of this continuing increase in take up.”
As the UK’s leading comparison website and broker of health and protection insurance products, ActiveQuote has been working closely with its partner insurers to help meet increasing demands in the PMI market since the pandemic broke out.
For more information visit: www.activequote.com
- The Instrumental Role Of Telemedicine During And After The Pandemic
- Think Insurtech And INSquary Forge Partnership
- Towergate Health & Protection launches open-access GP Hero
- Proposed Transfer Of CS Healthcare’s Private Medical Insurance Members And Business To Bupa
- Adrian Henry Joins Bellwood Prestbury
- National Friendly Private Medical Insurance Plan To Ease NHS Waiting Times
- 87% Of Aussies Believe Private Health Insurance Is Expensive
- Bupa Australia Apologises To Private Health Insurance Customers For Using Incorrect Assessment Process
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Philippines
- Understanding PMI And IPMI Market Size Per Country
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- IMG Welcomes Dina Tarantola-Froner As Chief Underwriting Officer
- AXA Completes Sale Of AXA Bank Belgium
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Angela Smith, Head Of Proposition Development, Charles Taylor Assistance