Global health service company Cigna Europe has announced it is joining the AMII’s (the Association of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries) Transfer of Personal Data Initiative, the landmark agreement to adopt the electronic transfer of underwriting direct between insurers in the UK.
As of this week, the agreement will allow Cigna Europe to electronically transfer all customer data in relation to company-paid schemes, and will send all required underwriting data for its insured membership to any new provider or vice versa, should customers want to transfer between insurers.
The initiative streamlines the underwriting process for advisers and reduces the need for face-to-face visits to collect physical copies of membership certificates, helping to further support partners and the industry to stay safe as UK businesses work towards reopening. The move means Cigna Europe can more effectively target new customer groups, both for large corporates and SMEs, following the company launching its new Whole Health proposition across Europe earlier in the year.
Amy MacKay, Sales and Commercial Effectiveness Director, Cigna Europe, said: “We’re thrilled to join this pioneering scheme and to be part of an industry that continues to innovate to ensure that our customers can continue to access the very best care possible. This is a hugely critical time - employees are beginning to return to thDave Middleton, Executive Chairman, AMIIe office after more than a year working from home, and there’s an increased demand from businesses for a Whole Health partner to support employees during this stressful transition, with well-being firmly on the return to work agenda. The pandemic has changed nearly every facet of people’s lives. It’s more important now more than ever for providers to find the right strategy that supports their customers’ business objectives and every part of their employees’ Whole Health.”
, added: “We’re delighted to welcome Cigna Europe to this historic scheme which benefits everyone – from insured members and employers, to intermediaries and insurers. I continue to be immensely proud of our industry’s response to the pandemic, and our ability to come together and create new and innovative digital processes to streamline underwriting between insurers.”
Cigna Europe has set up systems to ensure that customer data continues to be secure at all times, including the training of employees and the creation of new processes to ensure compliance with GDPR and the new Data Protection Act.
For more information about Cigna Europe’s Whole Health strategy and how it places a greater emphasis on putting the care back into healthcare, please visit: https://comms.cignaglobal.com/wholehealth-europe.
- New AMII Executive Chairman Appointed
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting
- Association Of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries Welcomes 'More' New Members
- 'Compliance Isn't So Scary Now!' – Insurance Expert To Host Second Industry Masterclass
- Association of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries (AMII) To Host Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) Workshop
- AMII Summit Addresses 'Prominent Issues' Of AI And Mental Health
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Remote Medical International Partners With New Frontier Group For US Cost Containment And Telemedicine
- easyJet Partners With Collinson To Provide Passengers With COVID-19 Cover
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2021
- Zurich Offers Free Mental Health Education To All UK Corporations
- The Instrumental Role Of Telemedicine During And After The Pandemic