Leading private healthcare provider HCA Healthcare UK has announced the launch of an exclusive Rapid Response Referral service, offering premier, bespoke medical pathways for patients with complex and often time critical care needs via The HCA UK Concierge Centre.
The HCA UK Concierge Centre is the only Clinical Nurse Specialist led healthcare concierge in the UK to be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Located in Marylebone, The HCA UK Concierge Centre provides a single point of contact where all healthcare needs can be addressed and navigated no matter how complex or difficult, including ICU to ICU transfers from all over the world.
The Rapid Response Referral team undertook a pilot scheme earlier this year, in order to establish the service and ensure all international processes and protocols were in place regardless of the patients’ circumstances or geographical location. So far, the service has supported patients from 30 countries (including 6 red countries, whilst abiding by government regulations). They have repatriated many patients following trauma or illness when overseas; for example, the team worked with a London-based embassy in the aftermath of an earthquake in Eastern Europe to medivac a critically ill pregnant patient to London in order to receive specialist care and ultimately give birth safely. There has also been an increased demand in enquiries from NHS in-patients that want to transfer to the private sector often requiring complex care, which we are able to coordinate.
Now that the pilot scheme has been completed successfully, The HCA UK Concierge Centre will offer bespoke medical pathways for patients with an emphasis on rapid referral and solutions for patients that often have the most complex and time critical care needs.
Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the team will respond to all requests within two hours, ensuring patients benefit from a rapid response referral for their individual health concerns. The service has also partnered with Charles Taylor Assistance (formerly Cega) to be able to arrange international travel for patients. This is the first direct partnership in the UK between a direct healthcare provider and a medivac aviation transfer specialist partnership, which means that the service can arrange global transfers which are not reliant on private medical insurance.
By providing a wholly patient-centred and seamless service, the centre removes the stressful and time-consuming process of finding and arranging your own healthcare. Clinical Nurse Advisers will personally support each patient through their medical journey, providing swift access to consultants and treatments in HCA Healthcare UK’s central London hospitals – including London Bridge Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, The Portland Hospital and The Wellington Hospital.
John Reay, President and CEO of HCA Healthcare UK said, “We are incredibly excited to be announcing this world-class service to UK and international patients alike. The HCA UK Concierge Centre is an offering we are extremely proud of – the dedication, expertise and personal, bespoke care provided by the centre’s Rapid Response Referral team is unrivalled. The peace of mind given to our patients is therefore invaluable.”
Director of Business Development at HCA Healthcare UK, Annabelle Neame, said, “Developing the HCA UK Concierge Centre and leading an extraordinary team that works closely with individuals and families has been a privilege. With HCA UK’s unmatched resources and pool of consultants, we are able to ensure clients can access the best possible care, quickly – covering everything from ICU transfers to neurorehabilitation right through to life-saving complex surgery and care. I have witnessed first-hand the value of the Rapid Response Referral service during times when patients desperately need reassurance, clarity and advice about their own health and that of their family members.”
- Charles Taylor Assistance Resumes Innovative Medical Escort Training To Optimise Patient Safety
- ROUND TABLE: International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2021
- International Accident And Health Insurance: Challenges And Opportunities In A Pandemic
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Charles Taylor Assistance
- BBC To Highlight Insurance Fraud With Charles Taylor Fraud Specialists
- Digital Risk Management Solutions In A Global Pandemic
- Travel Anxiety: Looking To The Future
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Commercial Director, Charles Taylor Assistance
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
- Charles Taylor Assistance Adds Significant Expertise To In-House Medical Team
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments