As the UK continues life outside of the European Union, many are experiencing changes in the way they access healthcare services.
New schemes like GHICs are good news for expats across Europe, providing access to healthcare in state-run hospitals and clinics. Whilst these are reassuring, they should not be confused with private insurance, which usually offers access to a wider range of medical treatments, at private hospitals and clinics. AXA Global Healthcare has unveiled a series of developments to continue to offer superior post-Brexit care and opportunities for its European members. To achieve this, the company has been actively developing its presence across the region and enhancing its international healthcare proposition.
One of the steps the intermediary has taken includes further investment in an EU office. Established in Dublin and led by Gordon Delaney, this new distribution hub successfully supported the smooth transition of members in the European Economic Area (EEA) to a new insurer, so that members could continue to receive compliant healthcare support and cover in a post-Brexit world. This process was successfully completed in March 2020, with policies now underwritten by AXA Insurance dac. The team in Dublin, which has more than doubled in size since first opening in 2019, is now focused on providing the best customer experience possible, as well as supporting client retention, client servicing, financial administration and compliance. The team has also been managing all EEA sales since January 2020.
In addition, AXA Global Healthcare has welcomed Marc Posthuma, a new Business Development and Relationship Manager tasked with developing the portfolio across Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Mr Posthuma’s role will see him leveraging his expertise and working alongside intermediaries and direct business to benefit sales across the Benelux region. Being at close proximity to partners and providers within the AXA network will help develop the relationships and business functions in mainland Europe.
AXA Global Healthcare continues to look for solutions for providing cover, adherent to changing regulations across the region. A new partnership with Vhi allows it to offer private health insurance plans to customers based in the Republic of Ireland. Vhi is the market leader for health insurance in Ireland with a keen focus on wellness and digital services, effectively supporting AXA Global Healthcare’s proposition.
AXA Global Healthcare has committed to growing its network of medical providers across the continent through a partnership with AP Companies, the biggest independent medical assistance firm with a vast medical provider network around the world. Expanding the AXA Select network by an additional 900 providers, this partnership ensures the best support is available to members wherever they are in Europe.
Gordon Delaney, Regional Head – Europe, AXA Global Healthcare, commented: “With the Brexit transition period over, as the international health market evolves, we’re extremely pleased to see that our planning and EEA investment made this time as smooth and straightforward for our members as possible. Setting this up ahead of time also gave our members one less thing to worry about when uncertainty around accessing healthcare rose due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now, as we move forward, we’re continuing to focus on leveraging partnerships and local expertise to further improve the experience we offer.
“Whether our customers are looking for international health products in the UK, the EEA or elsewhere, we can ensure consistency in plan design and the service and medical support that we offer. We are looking ahead to a positive future; developing the services we offer and the way our customers access the care they need, to make the most of their next steps."
- Critical Considerations When Designing International Private Medical Health Insurance Plans
- Mercer’s Latest Quality Of Living Survey Finds San Francisco Is The Top-Ranked City In The United States
- WellAway Announces Approval Of Its Health Plans For US-Bound Expatriates As Compliant Under The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- Trends in Asia Pacific Employee Engagement Report
- Huichih Ko Joins Willis Asia As Chairman
- China Health Insurance Market Opens Up
- Lower Costs, More Proactive Care in Aetna and Banner Health Network Accountable Care Collaboration
- Squaremouth Launches Ebola and Travel Insurance Information Center
- Protect Yourself Against An Unexpected Cancellation Warns International Travel Assistance And Medical Expert Allianz Global Assistance
- Angel MedFlight's Innovative Approach to Employee Training
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments