Bupa and AIG have announced a new deal to join forces in developing a range of new products and services for the travel insurance market. The agreement brings the benefits of two major brands to customers - Bupa’s healthcare expertise and AIG’s market leadership in travel insurance and assistance services. It will see the provision of a suite of enhanced products and services covering the corporate, SME, and individual sectors.
Bupa is keen to expand its travel insurance business and believes that the partnership will enable it to better meet customers’ demand for high-quality travel insurance. The agreement brings customers the quality of Bupa-branded travel insurance and the reassurance of AIG’s worldwide international assistance and medical evacuation.
Tony Wood, sales director for Bupa Health Funding, said: "This is an exciting development and will allow us to offer a wider range of products that will appeal to more customers, at a range of price points. "We believe this partnership is also good news for intermediaries by helping to expand their business as well as ours." Bupa and AIG will work together to roll-out the new services and products for the travel insurance sector over the next two years.
Michel Faucher, AIG UK Head of Accident and Health, said: “Through this innovative agreement, AIG can continue to increase its market leading position in the travel insurance market. Customers can benefit from AIG’s insurance expertise as well as our customer assistance capability through our TravelGuard subsidiary which offers support 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, before or during a trip.”
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue
- Zurich Canada Launches New Zurich Travel Insurance For Canadians Travelling Abroad
- EURAMI ITIC Review 2018
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- Bupa To Enter Turkish Health Insurance Market Through Acıbadem Sigorta Acquisition
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- Black Friday Sale: Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With iPMI Magazine
- Is Travel Insurance Included In Your Packaged Bank Account?
- The Health Insurance Group Appoints Head Of Proposition Development
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments