Bupa and AIG have announced a new deal to join forces in developing a range of new products and services for the travel insurance market. The agreement brings the benefits of two major brands to customers - Bupa’s healthcare expertise and AIG’s market leadership in travel insurance and assistance services. It will see the provision of a suite of enhanced products and services covering the corporate, SME, and individual sectors.
Bupa is keen to expand its travel insurance business and believes that the partnership will enable it to better meet customers’ demand for high-quality travel insurance. The agreement brings customers the quality of Bupa-branded travel insurance and the reassurance of AIG’s worldwide international assistance and medical evacuation.
Tony Wood, sales director for Bupa Health Funding, said: "This is an exciting development and will allow us to offer a wider range of products that will appeal to more customers, at a range of price points. "We believe this partnership is also good news for intermediaries by helping to expand their business as well as ours." Bupa and AIG will work together to roll-out the new services and products for the travel insurance sector over the next two years.
Michel Faucher, AIG UK Head of Accident and Health, said: “Through this innovative agreement, AIG can continue to increase its market leading position in the travel insurance market. Customers can benefit from AIG’s insurance expertise as well as our customer assistance capability through our TravelGuard subsidiary which offers support 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, before or during a trip.”
- 'COVID Travel Safe' Online Tool Set To Help Employers Resume Business Critical Travel Safely
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory June 2020
- iPMI Magazine Protects Business During COVID-19
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2020
- PassportCard Launches International Health Insurance In Germany
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory April 2020
- Managing International Medical Risks During A Global Pandemic
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory March 2020: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- COVID-19 Hits January Passenger Demand
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting
- International Health Insurance 2020: The Definitive iPMI Market Report Is Out Now
- Charles Taylor Claims Services Adds Workers' Compensation And Defense Base Act Claims Handling And Medical Management To Its Product Offering
- Lufthansa Group Guarantees Customers A Safe Return Journey
- Tyrol Air Ambulance Now Transports COVID-19 Patients