Thousands of BBC viewers will find out about the folly of travel insurance fraud in February, when Head of Special Investigations for CEGA, Simon Cook, takes to the screen to explain that no stone is left unturned in the industry's quest to expose fraudsters - wherever they are in the world.
BBC One's Claimed and Shamed will see Simon talking viewers through a supposed car break-in near Mumbai, a fictitious death in Nigeria and cosmetic surgery posing as emergency medical treatment in Lebanon - all exposed with the help of CEGA's investigators "on the ground" overseas. Meanwhile, Simon and his team also get to the bottom of a suspicious mobile phone theft in Spain, after desktop investigations back in the UK.
"The message to travel insurance fraudsters is clear," says Simon. "We will go to great lengths to investigate suspicious claims all over the world - however complex and distant they may seem."
This is CEGA's third appearance on the successful Claimed and Shamed series, which attracts over a million morning viewers. By shining a spotlight on fraud, the series has acted as a catalyst to increase the volume of reports of suspected insurance fraud submitted to the Insurance Fraud Bureau's (IFB) Cheatline.
You can watch CEGA in Claimed and Shamed on Thursday 18th, Friday 19th, Monday 22nd and Wednesday 24th February: BBC One at 11am.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- CEGA Strengthens Fraud Investigation And Claims Validation Capabilities
- Real-Life Scenarios Prepare CEGA Staff For Winter Sports Travel Insurance Claims
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- CEGA Creates New Role To Meet Rising Demand For Private Repatriation
- Cegedim Insurance Solutions
- Download: iPMI Magazine International Emergency Medical Assistance And TPA Services Provider Network Directory December 2017
- Download: iPMI Magazine International Emergency Medical Assistance And TPA Services Network Directory November 2017
- Generali Global Assistance Partners With Lyft For Non-Emergency Medical Personnel Transportation
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AXA And CEGA Launch Travel Health Calculator For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- First Altitude Focused, Female-Owned And Operated Cost Containment And Claims Management Provider Joins The Market
- 9 In 10 Expats Feel Isolated
- Aetna International Shortlisted For Multiple Awards
- Infectious Diseases Abroad: What Should Business Travellers Know?