iPMI Magazine Travel Insurance News 2018: American International Group, Inc. has announced that it has been selected as Brand Expedia Group’s global provider of travel insurance and assistance products. Aon Affinity Travel Practice, Expedia’s long-term U.S. insurance partner, will continue to provide advisory services to Expedia and will deliver customer claim services in the U.S.
“Our work with AIG will help more people go places with confidence and with the knowledge that we are looking out for travelers,” said Aman Bhutani, President, Brand Expedia Group. “Travel can have disruptions, and together with AIG, we are creating real-time, hassle-free solutions aimed at delighting travelers.”
Travelers can opt for AIG’s Travel Guard® insurance offerings at the U.S. point of purchase for flights, hotels, packages, cars and cruises on Expedia sites, including Expedia.com®, CheapTickets®, Orbitz® and Travelocity®.
“We are excited that our partnership with Expedia will expand AIG’s ability to provide innovative products and solutions that serve the unique needs of customers as they travel around the globe,” said Peter Zaffino, Chief Executive Officer, General Insurance, AIG. “This opportunity further establishes AIG's leading position in the travel insurance business, building upon our strong global presence and driving growth in our overall Personal Insurance portfolio.”
Following the U.S. launch, AIG Travel and Expedia plan to expand the travel insurance offerings to the same Expedia brands globally, as well as ebookers, lastminute.com.au, lastminute.co.nz, Wotif.com and Wotif.co.nz.
“Bringing together AIG Travel’s global reach and Expedia’s position as one of the world’s leading travel companies, better positions both companies to provide travel insurance solutions that are innovative, relevant and accessible,” said Jeff Rutledge, Chief Executive Officer of AIG Travel.
“Aon is pleased to continue our 15-year relationship with Expedia, and look forward to working seamlessly with AIG Travel to serve Expedia’s U.S. customers,” said Beth Godlin, President, Aon Affinity Travel Practice. “Our team sees itself as an extension for Expedia and AIG Travel, and we remain focused on delivering an insurance experience that is aligned with Expedia’s travel service standards and AIG insurance products.”
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Voyager Insurance Services Achieve 5-Star Rating With Moneyfacts
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Zurich Canada Launches New Zurich Travel Insurance For Canadians Travelling Abroad
- Real-Life Scenarios Prepare CEGA Staff For Winter Sports Travel Insurance Claims
- 2.5 Million Brits Have Taken To The Slopes Without Ever Having Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- More Americans Protecting Their Vacation Investments With Travel Insurance
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Generali Vietnam And OCB Announce 15-year Exclusive Bancassurrance Partnership
- International Health Insurance Premiums Are on the Rise in 97 Countries
- APRIL International Care Revamps Singaporean International Health Insurance Plans
- AXA & Eurasia 2019 Future Risks Report
- Generali Launches Best Doctors Mental Health Navigator From Teladoc Health