iPMI Magazine Travel Insurance News 2018: American International Group, Inc. has announced that it has been selected as Brand Expedia Group’s global provider of travel insurance and assistance products. Aon Affinity Travel Practice, Expedia’s long-term U.S. insurance partner, will continue to provide advisory services to Expedia and will deliver customer claim services in the U.S.
“Our work with AIG will help more people go places with confidence and with the knowledge that we are looking out for travelers,” said Aman Bhutani, President, Brand Expedia Group. “Travel can have disruptions, and together with AIG, we are creating real-time, hassle-free solutions aimed at delighting travelers.”
Travelers can opt for AIG’s Travel Guard® insurance offerings at the U.S. point of purchase for flights, hotels, packages, cars and cruises on Expedia sites, including Expedia.com®, CheapTickets®, Orbitz® and Travelocity®.
“We are excited that our partnership with Expedia will expand AIG’s ability to provide innovative products and solutions that serve the unique needs of customers as they travel around the globe,” said Peter Zaffino, Chief Executive Officer, General Insurance, AIG. “This opportunity further establishes AIG's leading position in the travel insurance business, building upon our strong global presence and driving growth in our overall Personal Insurance portfolio.”
Following the U.S. launch, AIG Travel and Expedia plan to expand the travel insurance offerings to the same Expedia brands globally, as well as ebookers, lastminute.com.au, lastminute.co.nz, Wotif.com and Wotif.co.nz.
“Bringing together AIG Travel’s global reach and Expedia’s position as one of the world’s leading travel companies, better positions both companies to provide travel insurance solutions that are innovative, relevant and accessible,” said Jeff Rutledge, Chief Executive Officer of AIG Travel.
“Aon is pleased to continue our 15-year relationship with Expedia, and look forward to working seamlessly with AIG Travel to serve Expedia’s U.S. customers,” said Beth Godlin, President, Aon Affinity Travel Practice. “Our team sees itself as an extension for Expedia and AIG Travel, and we remain focused on delivering an insurance experience that is aligned with Expedia’s travel service standards and AIG insurance products.”
- Is Travel Insurance Included In Your Packaged Bank Account?
- VIDEO: Allianz Travel Insurance Survey Reveals Many Americans Are Being Vacation Shamed
- Holiday Risks Campaign Encourages Uptake Of Travel Insurance
- Travelling With The Grandchildren This Summer? Compare Cover Urges Families To Check Insurance Cover Before They Jet Off
- Is Travel Insurance Worth Your Money This Summer?
- Turning the Travel Insurance Claims Process Inside Out
- Travel Insurance Policyholders Inventing Circumstances Of Claims
- Arch Insurance Hires Greg Johnson Vice President of Business Development for Travel (US)
- Travel Insurance Fraudsters To Get Zero Tolerance Message Via BBC
- Allianz Global Assistance Launches AgentMax Online Enhancements
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- Aetna International Opens Its First Health Clinic In Thailand
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Reg Allatt, CEO, Global Excel Management Inc.
- Aetna International Signs Strategic Partnership Deal With Humanis
- Cigna Launches Unlimited Preventative Dental Care – Offering A Solution To The £105m Annual Cost Of Oral Health Problems In The UK