As the school bell rings for the last time this week, many of us will be looking forward to a summer holiday – but in the excitement of heading for new shores, CompareCover.com is reminding travellers not to leave their travel insurance until the last minute. Research* conducted by the travel insurance comparison service revealed that:
- 37% confess to only sometimes purchasing cover or not at all, while 14% admit they never buy it
- 10% of us admit to buying it just a few days before travelling, or on the day of travel
- The Welsh are the most likely to leave it until the last minute with 18% only buying it a few days before travelling
- Those in the South East are most organised with 45% buying cover at least a few months before travelling
Compare Cover’s Travel Insurance product manager, Simon Williams, said: “In an ideal world, you should take out insurance as soon as you book your trip to ensure you have cancellation cover. If you leave the insurance until just before you travel, you may not have this cover should anything happen and you can't go on your holiday.”
Simon added, “We can’t stress enough how accessible travel insurance is these days and with services like CompareCover.com bringing you some of the best deals around at the click of a button, it’s never been easier to purchase the insurance cover you need. To think that over a third of people could be travelling without insurance is staggering.
“For many of us, a summer holiday will be our only break away this year and if you have saved hard to pay for it, protecting the holiday, yourself and your possessions for a relatively small cost* could well be worth it to make sure you and your loved ones are covered.”
Established in its own right by Investment Discounts Online Ltd. in 2016, Compare Cover’s mission has always been to help consumers protect their world for less by making it as easy as possible to compare policies from a wide range of leading insurance providers and set up the cover required online. Its service could save you time and money and provides information and tools to help make a more informed decision.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital Opens New Paediatric Outpatient Department
- Dubai Health Authority Launches Year Of Zayed Insurance Card Project
- Bupa Completes Acquisition Of Turkey’s 2nd Largest Health Insurer
- Mandatory Health Insurance System To Be Applied In All Azerbaijani Hospitals
- Don’t Forget Your Green Card - British Insurers Issue Advice To Customers On No-Deal Brexit