Walking on crutches and pushing wheelchairs whilst wheeling heavy luggage are among challenges currently being set to CEGA's travel claims and assistance teams. The exercise is part of the global provider's annual commitment to prepare staff for the season's spate of winter sports insurance claims.
CEGA's bespoke training incorporates real-life scenarios that enable customer-facing employees to fully understand the needs of and empathise with customers making claims for winter sports injuries.
The programme also draws on the expertise of CEGA's in-house medical teams, who are ensuring that frontline claims and assistance staff are au fait with the range of different winter sports injuries and their impact on policyholders when it comes to providing suitable medical treatment, accommodation, support and travel.
Other subjects covered by the training include methods of mountain rescue, piste variations and the intricacies of insurers' winter sports policies.
CEGA's Medical Assistance Training Manager Melanie Vass says, "The training is as realistic as possible, so that staff can go above and beyond in supporting customers who need medical assistance and bespoke travel or accommodation after a winter sports injury.
"It is all about putting patient welfare first and making sure that we can anticipate customers' needs - often before they do themselves. This helps ensure we can offer the very best customer service at the best cost to our insurer clients."
Read CEGA's Winter Sports Survival Guide here https://www.cegagroup.com/Winter-Sport-Survival-Guide.pdf
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Zurich Canada Launches New Zurich Travel Insurance For Canadians Travelling Abroad
- 2.5 Million Brits Have Taken To The Slopes Without Ever Having Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- More Americans Protecting Their Vacation Investments With Travel Insurance
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory April 2018
- International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory March 2018
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- AnaCap Acquires Independent Danish Private Health Insurance Business
- Collinson Continues Medical Assistance Expansion With Aspen Medical Partnership
- Ending Out-of-Country Medical Insurance Too Quickly May Put Ontario Consumers at Risk