Walking on crutches and pushing wheelchairs whilst wheeling heavy luggage are among challenges currently being set to CEGA's travel claims and assistance teams. The exercise is part of the global provider's annual commitment to prepare staff for the season's spate of winter sports insurance claims.
CEGA's bespoke training incorporates real-life scenarios that enable customer-facing employees to fully understand the needs of and empathise with customers making claims for winter sports injuries.
The programme also draws on the expertise of CEGA's in-house medical teams, who are ensuring that frontline claims and assistance staff are au fait with the range of different winter sports injuries and their impact on policyholders when it comes to providing suitable medical treatment, accommodation, support and travel.
Other subjects covered by the training include methods of mountain rescue, piste variations and the intricacies of insurers' winter sports policies.
CEGA's Medical Assistance Training Manager Melanie Vass says, "The training is as realistic as possible, so that staff can go above and beyond in supporting customers who need medical assistance and bespoke travel or accommodation after a winter sports injury.
"It is all about putting patient welfare first and making sure that we can anticipate customers' needs - often before they do themselves. This helps ensure we can offer the very best customer service at the best cost to our insurer clients."
Read CEGA's Winter Sports Survival Guide here https://www.cegagroup.com/Winter-Sport-Survival-Guide.pdf
- Travel Anxiety: Looking To The Future
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Commercial Director, Charles Taylor Assistance
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
- Charles Taylor Assistance Adds Significant Expertise To In-House Medical Team
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Voyager Insurance Services Achieve 5-Star Rating With Moneyfacts
- CEGA Strengthens Fraud Investigation And Claims Validation Capabilities
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2020
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- May Passenger Demand Shows Slight Improvement
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting