Walking on crutches and pushing wheelchairs whilst wheeling heavy luggage are among challenges currently being set to CEGA's travel claims and assistance teams. The exercise is part of the global provider's annual commitment to prepare staff for the season's spate of winter sports insurance claims.
CEGA's bespoke training incorporates real-life scenarios that enable customer-facing employees to fully understand the needs of and empathise with customers making claims for winter sports injuries.
The programme also draws on the expertise of CEGA's in-house medical teams, who are ensuring that frontline claims and assistance staff are au fait with the range of different winter sports injuries and their impact on policyholders when it comes to providing suitable medical treatment, accommodation, support and travel.
Other subjects covered by the training include methods of mountain rescue, piste variations and the intricacies of insurers' winter sports policies.
CEGA's Medical Assistance Training Manager Melanie Vass says, "The training is as realistic as possible, so that staff can go above and beyond in supporting customers who need medical assistance and bespoke travel or accommodation after a winter sports injury.
"It is all about putting patient welfare first and making sure that we can anticipate customers' needs - often before they do themselves. This helps ensure we can offer the very best customer service at the best cost to our insurer clients."
Read CEGA's Winter Sports Survival Guide here https://www.cegagroup.com/Winter-Sport-Survival-Guide.pdf
- Voyager Insurance Present New Online Platform For Selling VoyagerProtect
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Charles Taylor Assistance
- 58.1% Of Americans Are More Likely To Buy Travel Insurance
- BBC To Highlight Insurance Fraud With Charles Taylor Fraud Specialists
- Digital Risk Management Solutions In A Global Pandemic
- Brits Travel Without Insurance To Cut Costs Of Holidays
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Mary-Jo McDonald, Managing Director, Europe, Global Excel Management
- Travel Anxiety: Looking To The Future
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Commercial Director, Charles Taylor Assistance
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- HSBC Life Appoints Ying Teoh As Global Head Of Customer Proposition
- Introducing MediHelp International
- Pacific Prime Named Cigna Middle East's "Individual Broker of the Year" And "Innovative Broker of the Year" In 2020
- International Health Insurance 2020: The Definitive iPMI Market Report Is Now Available At A Reduced Price
- Singapore Sees A Drop In Rental Costs For Expatriates Due To The Effects Of Covid-19