Finding comprehensive travel insurance that offers value-for-money can be a minefield. Throw in the perceived complication of a pre-existing medical condition, and potential higher premiums can put people off taking a holiday altogether or force them to travel without adequate insurance in place.
Research undertaken by insurance broker and risk management specialist Gallagher has revealed that almost half (46 per cent) of holidaymakers would travel without insurance or not disclose an illness to avoid an increased premium*. Both of these situations could potentially lead to someone facing large medical bills if they needed treatment abroad and have no travel insurance in place.
A further 16 per cent would forgo a holiday rather than pay the higher travel insurance premiums that holidaymakers may often face when a pre-existing medical condition is declared, while 38 per cent admit they would pay more to ensure they had adequate cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
Enable Travel Insurance Services is a travel insurance solution that was set up specifically to address this. Offering competitive and comprehensive travel insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions, as well as those accompanying them, Enable Travel Insurance Services aims to make travel insurance accessible, regardless of an individual's circumstances. Covering over 1,300 pre-existing conditions***, it offers both single and multi-trip policies, unlocking the freedom to travel.
Sarah Townsend, from Enable Travel Insurance Services, said: “We believe everyone should have the freedom to travel, whatever their circumstances. We hope that our insurance solution will offer an attractive alternative, helping to change the behaviours of those with pre-existing conditions who might be put off travelling or risk travelling without appropriate insurance. We want to remove the perceived barriers that intrusive medical questionnaires, lengthy forms and uncompetitive premiums present.”
Conscientious Travel insurance
As well as offering specialist travel insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions, Enable Travel Insurance Services is committed to supporting charities. Two per cent** of premiums go to the Enable Travel Foundation, a charity that makes grants to charities who supportindividuals with medical, disability or injury related conditions.
* Twitter poll of 5,002 participants which ran from 19 – 25 February 2019
** Excluding Insurance Premium Tax and subject to the application of a commission gap which limits commission earnings.
***Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see policy wording for full terms and conditions.
- GroupCollect Selects Trip Mate, A Generali Global Assistance Brand, To Offer Travel Insurance For Group Tour Operators
- Medical Travel Compared Highlights The Importance Of Declaring Mental Health Conditions On Travel Insurance
- 58.1% Of Americans Are More Likely To Buy Travel Insurance
- Brits Travel Without Insurance To Cut Costs Of Holidays
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Mary-Jo McDonald, Managing Director, Europe, Global Excel Management
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Voyager Insurance Services Achieve 5-Star Rating With Moneyfacts
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- World Travel Protection Expands Into The United Kingdom
- Generali Global Assistance Has Selected Footprintid To Enhance Trip Mate Travel Protection Plans
- HCA Healthcare UK Launches Rapid Response Referral Service With The HCA UK Concierge Centre
- Renowned Kidnap And Hostage Negotiator Joins The TRIP Group
- ROCK Insurance Group Updates COVID-19 Protection Travel Insurance Product To Include Test & Trace Cover