In the FCA’s update, issued 2nd April 2019, they have stated they believe that a multi-lateral approach would build on some of the good practice regarding signposting.
BIBA looks forward to their forthcoming consultation this spring. We believe BIBA has a significant role to play in any new approach.
Graeme Trudgill, BIBA Executive Director said, “We believe an outcome similar to the multi-lateral approach taken in the ‘agreement on age and insurance’ would be the best way forward in helping customers.
This existing voluntary agreement directs a firm who cannot assist a customer to signpost them to a provider or suitable signposting service that can offer suitable insurance.
BIBA has been running a successful signposting service for older people under this agreement since 2012 and received over 600,000 enquiries on age and insurance since then.
We believe this successful model can be replicated to help travel insurance customers with pre-existing medical conditions”.
More details can be read here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publications/feedback-statements/call-input-access-insurance
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Voyager Insurance Services Achieve 5-Star Rating With Moneyfacts
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Zurich Canada Launches New Zurich Travel Insurance For Canadians Travelling Abroad
- Real-Life Scenarios Prepare CEGA Staff For Winter Sports Travel Insurance Claims
- 2.5 Million Brits Have Taken To The Slopes Without Ever Having Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- More Americans Protecting Their Vacation Investments With Travel Insurance
- Expedia Selects AIG Travel as Global Travel Insurance Provider
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson