14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict.
Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Kenya Travel Advice: Heightened Personal Security During The Christmas Holiday Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Partners With iJET International To Deliver End-to-End Travel Risk Management
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Traveling Abroad with Confidence: ACE Provides Essential Tips for Overseas Business Travel
- Healthy Passenger Demand in November
- International Tourist Arrivals Worldwide Grow 5% 1st 8 Months Of 2014
- Mexico Travel Warning: Hurricane Odile - British Nationals Advised To Leave Via Aeropuerto Internacional De Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Marsh Canada Acquires Kocisko Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Philippines Travel Advice: Take Out Comprehensive Travel And Medical Insurance Before You Travel
- Aviva And Astra International Sign Joint Venture In Indonesia
- Tanzania Travel Warning News Advice: Sunday 5 January 2014, 6 Dead In Ferry Incident
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Frank Mee Appointed President Of Insurance Ireland
- Myths & Confusion Stop Millions From Saving On Health Insurance Premiums
- UnitedHealth Group 2017 First Quarter Highlights
- Emirates ID Card To Grant Daman And Thiqa Members Access To Healthcare Services Across The UAE
- Cyclone Debbie Costs Approximately $350M
- Swiss Re Opens Regional HQ In Singapore
- Populism And Terrorism Converge To Compound Global Risks
- Severe US Weather Expected To Cost Insurers More Than $2bn
- Employee Engagement Declining Across The Globe
- Early Start To Severe Weather Season Takes Its Toll On US Economy
- Cigna Launch New Expatriate Healthcare Product Specifically Created For Companies Based In France
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- Now Health International Expands Group IPMI Plans To Abu Dhabi
- Compare Cover Empowers Customers With Insurance Acceptance Rates
- 40% Of Companies Already Have A Health And Wellbeing Strategy In Place
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- Asia Sees Widening Salaries Gap
- Video Interview With Luciano Cirinà CEO of Generali CEE Holding
- Expatriate Group Simplifies IPMI Policy As A Result Of Customer Feedback
- Travel Navigator™ Lands In EMEA
- PASSENGER LUGGAGE INSURANCE: Passengers With Electronic Devices Carried In The Holds Of Airlines Not Covered
- Fighting For Fair Tax At AMII AGM
- Use Private Sector To Help Over Stretched NHS Meet Targets Says AMII
- Redefining Employee Benefits Critical Illness Insurance Plans for Aging Parents In China With Starbucks
- Air Cargo Demand Continues Upward Trajectory February 2017
- Companies Face Rising Liability Losses Around Environmental, Cyber, Product Defect And Recall Risks
- Strong Passenger Demand, Record Load Factor February 2017
- International Assistance Group Announces New Roadside Partnership With GreenFlag
- Safety Concerns And Disinterest In On-Shore Destinations Are Top Reasons That More Than One-Third Of Americans Prefer To Stay On Ship During A Cruise
- Charles Taylor To Attend RIMS 2017 In Philadelphia