14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict.
Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Kenya Travel Advice: Heightened Personal Security During The Christmas Holiday Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Partners With iJET International To Deliver End-to-End Travel Risk Management
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Traveling Abroad with Confidence: ACE Provides Essential Tips for Overseas Business Travel
- Healthy Passenger Demand in November
- International Tourist Arrivals Worldwide Grow 5% 1st 8 Months Of 2014
- Mexico Travel Warning: Hurricane Odile - British Nationals Advised To Leave Via Aeropuerto Internacional De Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Marsh Canada Acquires Kocisko Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Philippines Travel Advice: Take Out Comprehensive Travel And Medical Insurance Before You Travel
- Aviva And Astra International Sign Joint Venture In Indonesia
- Tanzania Travel Warning News Advice: Sunday 5 January 2014, 6 Dead In Ferry Incident
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Dubai Hospital To Undergo AED 290 Million-Expansion Plan
- Aviva To Commence Share Buy-Back
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 34.25%
- Bupa Chairman Announces Intention To Step Down In December 2018
- Aetna International Launch 'vHealth by Aetna' A Global Digital Primary Healthcare Service in India
- CEGA Collaborates With Charles Taylor General Adjusting Services To Enhance Fraud Investigation Capabilities
- Cigna Global Health Benefits Launches Crisis Assistance Plus
- Turning the Travel Insurance Claims Process Inside Out
- 1 In 3 Millennials Turns Down A Job In Part Because Of Poor Insurance Offerings
- Anthem Comments On Decision Of Delaware Court of Chancery On Acquisition of Cigna
- BREXIT And The Impact For Insurers And Brokers Operating In Or Planning to Operate In The UK And Europe 2017 Sample Contents
- BREXIT And The Impact For Insurers And Brokers Operating In Or Planning to Operate In The UK And Europe 2017
- Insurance Industry Could Be Facing A Perfect Storm Warns BIBA CEO Steve White
- Captive Insurance: A Viable Risk Management Tool For Asian Corporations
- British Insurance Brokers’ Association Launch Good Practice Guide For Brokers
- Expats, Health Insurance, Impats And Immigrants
- Towergate Insurance Q1 2017 Results
- Cigna Corporation Announces Termination Of Anthem Transaction
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Healix Supports XL Catlin With Range Of 'Duty Of Care' Services For Its New Protect & Assist Product
- How Well Are You Preparing Your Staff For Overseas Assignments?
- AIG Europe Announces Full Year Results For 2016 And First Quarter Results For 2017
- Empire Life Expands Expatriate Group Benefits Offerings
- Aon Completes Acquisition Of International Benefits Brokerage Portfolio Of Mayfair Group
- CSA Travel Protection Rebrands To Generali Global Assistance
- Aon Reports First Quarter 2017 Results
- BIBA Creates An ‘Adaptation Guide’ To Help Brokers, Insurers And Customers Navigate The Post Insurance Act World
- Digital Networking Will Be More Important For UK Brokers Than Face-To-Face Within A Decade
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme